International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Pharmaceutical Sciences

Vol. 4, Issue 2, Part A (2022)

To estimate the rural youth with their extent of participation in agricultural activities in Bhanupratappur (Chhattisgarh)

Author(s):

Jaydev Haldar, Jagdish Narayan Prasad and Dr. YK Singh

Abstract:

India is an agriculturally dominated country or it will not be wrong to say that India lives in villages. Primary occupation of villagers is still agriculture and its allied ventures. India is a young country and rural youth constitutes about 41% of total population of India. In the present scenario the interest of rural people especially rural youth is declining towards agriculture. According to population census 2011, India had total youth population of 325.2 million, which is 35% of the total population. India is an agriculturally dominated country or it will not be wrong to say that India lives in villages. Primary occupation of villagers is still agriculture and its allied ventures. India is a young country and rural youth constitutes about 41% of total population of India. Out of this, about 70% were rural youth and remaining 30% were urban youth. As majority of the youth comes from rural areas, they are considered as the nation builders of tomorrow. This important section of the rural population can respond to the needs of country only if they are offered fruitful opportunities for growing up as useful citizens. The present study was carried out in purposively selected Bhanupratappur block of kanker district (C.G.). A stratified random sampling procedure was followed in order to obtain the appropriate sample of rural youth. The total sample size was 70. The dependent variable was participation of rural youth in agricultural activities.

Pages: 32-34  |  27 Views  10 Downloads

How to cite this article:
Jaydev Haldar, Jagdish Narayan Prasad and Dr. YK Singh. To estimate the rural youth with their extent of participation in agricultural activities in Bhanupratappur (Chhattisgarh). Int. J. Pharmacognosy Pharm. Sci. 2022;4(2):32-34.
Call for book chapter